Specific Volunteering Roles
Memory Support Service Group Volunteer
Hertswise is a service designed to support people living with early on set dementia or mild cognitive impairments along with their carers using the 5 steps to mental wellbeing in one 2 one and community group settings.
We are looking for volunteers to support our locality workers in running community based groups for people living with dementia and their carers.
- Set up and clear room for the group including teas/coffees
- Welcome service users to the group and ensure they are comfortable
- Engage with clients through talking and active listening and supporting service users in taking part in activities being done.
- Signpost service users to any other services that they may be interested in or that may help them in their current situation
- Report any safeguarding issues immediately to the locality worker
- Debrief with locality worker after each session
What we are looking for:
- Empathetic, understanding and non-judgemental individual
- Effective communicator
- Positive attitude
- Fun and creative person
If you are interested, please see role description attached.
How to Apply:
Please contact the Human Resources team on 01462 600480 to have an informal discussion or email email@example.com.
Volunteers are required to provide an enhanced disclosure. The disclosure will be processed by HILS and you will be required to complete the application form and provide the necessary ID documents.
Dementia Fun Club Volunteer
Are you a kind, caring person? Are you looking to become a volunteer to provide support for people living with Dementia? Then why not join our Dementia Fun Clubs and become a part of our community. We have clubs based at our Jubilee Centre on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays.
How to Apply:
Please contact our Dementia Fun Clubs Team for further information.