Case Study 1
Client at medium risk of malnutrition, prescribed supplements and on puree meals yet managing other textures
Contact to hospital discharge team to determine suitable texture and SALT (Speech and Language Therapy) assessment
Change from puree to fork mashable meals – more enjoyable and met with her needs
Bespoke advice how to enrich and include higher energy dietary choices
- 8% weight increase to healthy range BMI (Body Mass Index)
- Change from medium to low risk of malnutrition
- Increased enjoyment of foods
- Supplements no longer required
Case Study 2
Following on from the nutrition and wellbeing check, the client was found to be at high risk of malnutrition due to unintentional weight loss. The MUST (Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool) screening used in isolation can only identify the problem.
The wellbeing check is used to identify the cause of concern and following this visit and it became apparent that malnutrition was linked to anxiety. This was resulting in poor appetite, food avoidance, selective eating, agoraphobia, and becoming housebound.
Referral to local mental health home visit service to address root cause of concern In the meantime adapt meal service to best suit client’s needs
- Weight gain achieved, change from high to low risk of malnutrition
- Mental health becoming more stable , client has started to go out in his garden, medication - - - We helped stabilise mood
- Client is moving towards more normalised eating habits
Case Study 3
Client at high risk malnutrition due to very low BMI (Body Mass Index), eye sight had not been checked for over a year, and having a poor mood.
Nutrition boost extra started and higher energy meals encouraged Education booklet provided for advice and information Mobile optician arranged
- Happy with new glasses and improved sight
- Enjoying the extra free snacks provided
- Very happy with the wellbeing service as well as the meal delivery team and knowing somebody is looking out for her
- She remains at high risk malnutrition due to low BMI (Body Mass Index) but so far has gained 16% in weight.