Our Active Ageing Service provides personalised exercise support for older people living in the community, with a range of programmes tailored to suit individual ability, motivation and current health. Staying active has been shown to reduce risks of some chronic diseases by up to 30%, improve feelings of wellbeing, and reduce the risk of falls in older people.
The Active Ageing Team consists of qualified exercise specialists and community team members, with experience working with older people. They will help our clients get more physically active and mobile, build up their confidence, and feel better, by providing:
- one to one support in your home with weekly sessions for up to 3 months
- resources and information about local activity groups and ways to exercise safely at home
- personalised support from our specialist team, who can tailor the exercise to accommodate health conditions and physical ability
This three-year programme is being delivered in partnership with Hertfordshire County Council’s Public Health Department and Sport England.
This programme is available to anyone living in Hertfordshire and over the age of 55. Whatever our clients’ level of fitness or mobility, our specially trained team will ensure they receive the right exercise instruction to suit their physical ability and motivation.
- If you are (or the person you would like to refer is) an existing meals on wheels client, simply contact HILS via your community team member or call our support team on 0330 2000 103.
- If you are not (or the person you would like to refer is not) an existing meals client, simply download and complete the referral form here and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This service is entirely free. However, if as part of this programme you want to join activities with community groups, you may be required to pay to participate.
To find out more, click here.