Our Active Ageing Service is yet to be launched -
Our Active Ageing Service will provide a personalised exercise service for older people living independently in their homes, tailored according to their ability, motivation and current health.
The team will consist of qualified exercise specialists and community team members. They will help our clients get more physically active, and feel better as a result. The programme is specially designed to help clients build up strength, confidence, and mobility.
Staying active has also been shown to reduce risks of some chronic diseases by up to 30% and improve feelings of wellbeing.
This service is free of charge, and provides:
- one to one support in your home
- resources and information
- personalised support from our specialist team
We offer individual support in your home, with different programmes for people depending on their health and physical mobility:
- For our clients who want to get out and about more: our community teams will spend a month going with you to classes, or other activities in the community, to help build up your confidence.
- For our clients who want to build up their strength and mobility: our specialists will deliver one to one strength and balance training, or chair-based exercise sessions for three months in your home.
To find out more, click here.